Dr Ganesh Ramalingam was become a part of the Faculty of the Residency Function as well as the Proctor of the Basics of Laparoscopic Surgery in Khoo Teck Puat Hospital. Now, he becomes an Adjunct Assistant Professor as well as General Surgery at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the Nationality University of Singapore. He is also very active as an examiner and a lecturer too. In the Singapore Armed Forces, Dr Ganesh has served as a Commando Unit, since 1999 as the Commando Medical Officer during both his National Service and also as a National Serviceman. Now, he is one of the parts of the Football Association of the Singapore Medical Committee and also become a reputed match doctor for the Singaporean National Team.
Apart from his work commitment, ganesh ramalingam has also been on the charitable Humanitarian Efforts at the Banda Aceh, after the tsunami as well as jogkarta for the earthquake relief mission. At present, he also has shown his special research interests in the Trauma, Bariatric, Critical Care and also Advanced Laparoscopy. He published around 15 original articles in the different peer review journals and also more than 60 oral as well as poster presentations at the conferences up to date. In his medical experience, he has providing the following services that include:
- General surgery consultation
- 24 hour emergency surgery and trauma surgery
- Bariatric surgery or laparoscopic obesity surgery
- Endoscopy, gastroscopy, colonoscopy and intra gastric balloon insertion
- Gastrointestinal surgery including colorectal and stomach cancers
- Laparoscopic surgery including gallbladder, hernias and appendix